Sunday, September 1, 2013

The practice "I do"

I will forever and ever remember our rehearsal for the wedding. It's got a special place in my heart. 




We pulled up to the ceremony location and there sat the chairs... Just simple black chairs, but I lost it. There it was. A dream turned real life. 


Then we actually started to run through the ceremony. My heart was so FULL! 


Being an outdoor wedding, there were times I wondered if we were doing something wrong by not getting married in a church. But y'all? This view? ... This is all Gods work. I think we were right in the midst of his house more than we would have been in a church. We found a lot of comfort in that. 

 
I even clicked my heels at the first mention of ..."and this is when I'll announce you as husband and wife" :)



When I say this was the perfect weather... I mean God and mother nature got together and ordered this one up just for us.  Perfect sky, with just the right amount of clouds. And it was a cool 65 degrees - y'all I never could have made it through the weekend without the little slice of fall weather that was given to us. It was a gift!!! And a much appreciated one. 


This spot right here was everything more than I could have ever imagined. I am a mountain girl through and through, and for us to have been married here? I am so humbled. 


Soon... You'll hear the story about whether or not the weather was this glorious for the wedding? ........ I don't think any of us could have guessed what was in store for the next day. 

But this? This was a "brochure day" - this was a day that only God and a few special people that we know in heaven could pull off. And that will forever remain engraved into our hearts and memories. 




6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how beautiful! Where is this?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely breathtaking there! And you look so gorgeous and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...!!!!!

    GORGEOUS!

    I completely agree that you can't choose a closer place to God than somewhere like that among the greatest of his creations!

    Cannot wait to hear how the wedding was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, that's what we finally said... how can you get closer to him?! So glad you see that in this location as well :) Can't wait to share more details! We should be getting our final photo disc and video back soon!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :) Thanks for stopping by!