Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

Today marks our 100 day countdown!! Join me in a minor freak out? I want to marry my guy today... but dang 100 days is not that long to get all of the rest of this in order. It's a weird feeling wanting, wanting and wanting for our wedding to get here... but also feeling super overwhelmed as each day passes. 

This post is sure to be scatter brained... I've got lots to tell you. I told you about our ceremony location here... and that's been about the extent of the details I've shared on here. So let's catch up... 

People's #1 question when wedding talk happens is "what are your colors?"... every time I get that question, I feel such pressure because I feel like people expect me to say "oh the colors are purple and green - and I've incorporated those colors in everything!". But that's not the truth in the least bit... our colors? They are really just colors from nature. My bridesmaids are wearing champagne colored dresses (!!!!!! I'm obsessed with them - a whole post devoted to them soon) and flowers will be very neutral, simple, soft colors. I wanted colors that were timeless... I've always been the girl that had a different favorite color every day... so I know better than to commit to a drastic color for our wedding. Just simple colors... I love simple. 

Our reception is going to be at a close by country club and I am so.dang.excited. It's a pavilion, so both inside and outside elements to it... and those sparkly lights? Swoon. I'm a sucker for sparkly lights. I think it's going to be absolutely gorgeous... I know I'm biased and all, but come on... pure beauty. 


Where we're from in NC is a small town, so I had always been a little concerned about venue options, but really we couldn't have had things fall into place any better. Both our ceremony and reception spots are everything I've ever dreamed of. Super thankful. 

We're in the process this week of finalizing the invitation design. I am obsessed with all things paper, so I knew this was an important aspect for me and I wanted it done right. I stalked Oh So Beautiful Paper for weeks, looking at everything they had ever posted about and had the time of my life picking ones I liked and emailing the designer. I ended up choosing a designer in Washington. Yes... Washington State. Let me remind you that I'm on the East Coast in Georgia. We couldn't be farther apart, but I am just so thankful to have found her. She's been a blessing to work with and my idea of a "timeless, outside, yet classy" wedding is definitely being shown through the invitations. Cannot wait to share them with you all once they are complete! 

Something that I cannot stop thinking about is music. We've got an acoustic guitarist for the ceremony, which I just imagine being breathtakingly beautiful on top of the mountain... but that means I won't be walking down the aisle to the grand piano noise, which I think is beautiful... but just not me. So I'm constantly bouncing around ideas for pre-ceremony music, precessional, our exit, first dance, mother/son dance, etc. Any wonderful ideas for sweet love songs? 

Alright, I've got a list of about 100 other things I want to talk about, but they will have to wait. So what do you think? Have you ever been to a wedding with softer colors and champagne bridesmaids dresses? Was it lovely? Please tell me it was lovely. And do you have any ideas for sweet songs for our ceremony/reception? I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks, guys! 





3 comments:

  1. Your reception will be beautiful there! That picture is breathtaking.

    Don't worry about all of the 'wedding colors' questions. Those champagne dresses sound just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember completely freaking out when we got to the 100 day mark... then again at 60.. and 30.. and a week. Ahh! Your wedding is going to be beautiful, enjoy these last few months.
    Can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand the whole feeling overwhelmed and wanting time to slow down but also wanting time to hurry up because you can't wait to be married! Also, people with their questions. I have certain colors so that one never bothered me. It's the "Hey guys we're engaged!" "Oh congrats! When's the date?" Right, we JUST got engaged, we didn't pick a date at the second so calm down. Hahaha. That was my biggest pet peeve.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :) Thanks for stopping by!