Now that the "we're getting married!" cat is out of the bag...
Let me tell you about my last almost three weeks as an engaged lady...
- I still refer to C as my boyfriend and giggle like a little girl every time I realize these days he's more than that
- I look at my ring a mere 1 million times a day. I take pictures of it as if it's changed within the last 5 minutes and watch it sparkle under any and all lighting (picture below at work... have been really focused on the job this week, clearly)
- I skip everywhere I go - fine, I still try to walk professionally at work
- I tear up each time I look at a photographer's or videographer's website because I realize "THAT'S GONNA BE US!!!" and it totally overwhelms me in the most incredible way
- I've organized my gmail "Our Wedding" folder to a point that screams "This girl is OCD!"
- We've had some pretty awesome people toast us, treat us to dinner, buy us yummy cakes and just all around make us feel like the two most special people in the world
- I've talked to 107 different invitation shops... I love me some pretty paper. How the heck does it get so expensive???
- I've realized, possibly more than ever, that my mama and fiance ;) rock my socks. Both of them. Rock stars. They are so on top of this planning a wedding business and bottom line... what the heck would I do without them?
Let me just say... I'm a fan of being engaged. I'm a fan getting to hang out with my best friend for the rest of my life. He's a funny guy, ya know... it's gonna be a fun life.
So as far as wedding planning goes...
We've got the ceremony location BOOKED.
The reception venue SECURED.
The photographer has us ON THE CALENDAR.
and... Oh - ceremony music is being TUNED! (that was a poor attempt, but you get the point)
It's all falling together just right. And the moments I get overwhelmed... I realize what all this excitement and planning means and just like that, I remember I've got the one thing that will make this wedding day perfect. So pumped to walk down the aisle to my groom.
I'll be back soon with lots of fun details. Going to soak in this feeling as much as possible for now.